Advanced Ecommerce Link Building – Get Websites to Backlink to Yours
Ecommerce evolution and digital dominance have reshaped the way businesses operate online. In this vast digital ocean, one thing remains constant: the power of backlinks. Imagine being a small fish in this vast ocean, trying to make a mark. You’ve got the products, the website, and the passion. But without link building visibility, you’re just another fish. Now, imagine a whale (a high-authority website) pointing towards you, telling everyone how great you are via link building. That’s the power of a backlink. But how do you get these whales to notice you using link building? How do you ensure that your ecommerce site doesn’t just float, but sails smoothly towards success using link building? That’s where advanced ecommerce link building comes into play.
In this link building guide, we’ll dive deep into the link building strategies that have generated over $19 million for companies using ecommerce link building. We’ll debunk link building myths, especially around the controversial topic of paying for links. We’ll also provide you with a link building road map to create your own link building ecommerce SEO strategy, introduce you to the essential digital link building tools of the trade, and teach you how to discern quality links from the mediocre in link building for your website. By the end, you’ll not only understand the ‘what’ and the ‘who’ but most importantly, the ‘how’ of ecommerce link building for your website. So, are you ready to dive deep and make waves in the digital ocean for your website? Let’s embark on this linking journey together for your website. Learn more about what is SEO in ecommerce here.
The Foundation of Advanced Ecommerce Link Building
In the bustling world of ecommerce, standing out can be a challenge for your websites. But what if there was a ecommerce website strategy, rooted in genuine collaboration and mutual benefit, that could elevate your brand’s visibility? Welcome to the nuanced world of ecommerce link building. This isn’t about merely acquiring a hyperlink on another website that you build; it’s about forging meaningful collaborations that benefit both parties when you build your ecommerce website using these advanced building techniques.
Imagine this advanced ecommerce website scenario:
- You run an ecommerce store specializing in artisan coffee blends.
- You collaborate with a renowned lifestyle blogger, sharing your expertise on the art of coffee tasting.
- She’s captivated by the unique flavor profile of your blend.
- In gratitude, she features your brand in her blog, linking back to your ecommerce business store.
This isn’t just a routine link; it’s an advanced seal of approval for your ecommerce website, a nod to your brand’s excellence and authenticity. This is the heart of link building for ecommerce. It’s more than a digital handshake; it’s a symbiotic relationship that brings value to both sides.
However, it’s crucial to understand for your online business and e-commerce websites:
- Not every link holds the same weight.
- The impact of a link is gauged by the authority and relevance of the source.
- A shoutout from a coffee expert holds more weight than a casual mention on a miscellaneous blog since a coffee expert is more relevant than a miscellaneous blog.
- The principle of E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) is paramount.
High E-E-A-T platforms not only offer immense value to their audience but also bestow significant link equity to the ecommerce sites they endorse. As we delve deeper, we’ll explore the intricacies of ecommerce link building, equipping you with the knowledge to navigate this dynamic landscape.
Why We Do Not Recommend Paying for Links Like Your Competitors Do?
In the ever-evolving landscape of virtual marketing, shortcuts often seem tempting. An example of such shortcut that many ecommerce businesses fall prey to is the allure of paid links. At first glance, it seems like a quick win your way: pay some money, get a link, and watch your site’s authority grow all within your control and your way. But, as with most shortcuts, the long-term implications can be detrimental for your way.
Reasons Why Paid Links Are Tempting:
- Immediate visibility boost your way.
- Perceived fast track to higher search rankings your way.
However, what many fail to realize is the transient nature of these links. Search engines, especially Google, have become adept at identifying and devaluing paid links. This means that any short-term gains you might experience can quickly evaporate, leaving you back at the start, or even worse, penalized.
Drawbacks of Relying on Paid Links:
- Unsustainable in the long run.
- Risk of being identified and devalued by search engines.
- Potential penalties for violating search engine guidelines.
- Missed opportunities for genuine, long-term relationships.
Moreover, there’s the issue of sustainability from a paid ecommerce link for ecommerce brands. Relying on paid links is akin to running on a treadmill; you’re constantly spending for a paid ecommerce link, but not genuinely moving forward. Authentic, earned links, on the other hand, are like investments that yield returns over time for every ecommerce link you earn. An earned ecommerce link is built on genuine relationships, mutual respect, and shared value.
Lastly, consider the potential penalties. Search engines have clear guidelines against link schemes, including buying and selling links. Violating these can lead to severe repercussions, including a drop in rankings or even removal from search results altogether. In contrast, earned links, built on the foundation of quality content and genuine collaboration, stand the test of time and algorithm updates.
In summary, while the allure of paid links might seem tempting, the risks far outweigh the benefits. Investing time and effort into genuine link-building strategies will yield sustainable, long-term results, ensuring your ecommerce site’s continued growth and success.
How to Create an Ecommerce Link Building Strategy
Crafting a robust ecommerce link building strategy requires a deep understanding of where your ideal customers spend their time online. Prioritizing these links is essential as they resonate most with your target audience. Begin by integrating your customer journey and sales funnel into your link building approach.
Key Questions to Consider:
- Where does your customer spend most of their virtual attention?
- Who is genuinely interested in your content?
- Who’s most likely to convert on your site?
- What are the needs, wants, and interests of your target audience?
By answering these questions, you can identify which websites they frequent. This insight helps in determining whether you should focus on:
- Organic traffic
- Referral traffic
- Direct traffic
- Brand awareness
Competitor analysis is a goldmine. If your competitors are gaining quality backlinks from guest posts or local news websites, it’s a clear sign that these outlets are valuable for your niche. Understand your unique selling propositions (USPs) that cater to the needs of these websites. For instance, if a website aims to increase sales or donations, how does your USP help them achieve that?
Local links, especially from local points of interest, can be more valuable than non-local ones if you are selling locally. They not only boost your website’s authority but also improve rankings. It’s crucial to strategize how to acquire these local links efficiently, ensuring the highest ROI.
Lastly, always focus on a single strategy at a time unlike your competitors. This ensures that you get the maximum output from your efforts unlike your competitors. Whether it’s offering valuable content or a combination of strategies, choose the option that promises the most success and relevance. Remember, the goal is to achieve scalable, consistent results with links that are both valuable and relevant. Avoid getting sidetracked by new, flashy ideas from focusing on your competitors. Time is of the essence, so consider the duration of each campaign. Your strategy should be comprehensive, user-focused, and always prioritize the needs of your target audience.
What Kind of Digital Tools Will You Need to Build Links to Your Site in Ecommerce?
In the ever-evolving landscape of ecommerce, the right virtual tools can make or break your link-building master plan.
Another indispensable tool is Buzzstream, which streamlines the outreach process, making it easier to connect with potential link partners.
For those looking to tap into the power of professional networks, the LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a game-changer. It allows for targeted outreach, ensuring that you’re connecting with the right professionals in your niche.
Meanwhile, Sparktoro offers insights into where your audience spends their time virtually, helping you identify potential link-building opportunities.
Lastly, hunter.io simplifies the often tedious process of finding email addresses, speeding up your outreach efforts.
Benefits of these tools:
- Efficient outreach
- In-depth competitor analysis
- Targeted audience insights
- Streamlined email discovery
- Learning curve for new users
- Subscription costs for premium features
- Over-reliance on tools without manual analysis
- Potential data privacy concerns
Incorporating these tools into your link-building master plan can significantly enhance your efficiency. However, it’s essential to strike a balance between automated tools and manual efforts to ensure authenticity in your outreach. Remember, while tools provide data, building genuine relationships is the key to sustainable link-building success.
How to Evaluate if a Link is Quality or Not?
Navigating the virtual realm, it’s essential to differentiate between high-quality links and those that might harm your ecommerce site’s reputation and search engine ranking. But how can an individual discern the gems from the rubble?
Key Characteristics of a Quality Link:
- Originates from a Legitimate Business: The link comes from a genuine business that consistently engages its target audience. These aren’t sites drawing random traffic but are tailored to a specific demographic aligning with their brand or message.
- Selective Outbound Links: Such reputable sites are discerning about their outbound links. They link out infrequently, and when they do, it’s typically to other high-quality, authoritative websites.
- Organic Inbound Links: If a website has genuine, organic links pointing to it, it’s a positive sign. Be cautious of sites with links that seem artificially procured, especially from questionable sources like PBNs or content farms.
- E-E-A-T Principles: The site should exhibit Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness, ensuring the content is not only expertly crafted but also reliable.
Example of Quality:
Real ligitimate business trusted by over 10 million people and 1000s of teams.
The traffic is from real relevant keywords for this business.
The backlinks are from real legitimate business websites not content farms and PBNs.
Red Flags to Watch Out For:
- Paid Links: Links that are bought, instead of earned organically, can be detrimental in the long run.
- Links from Low-Quality Sites: If a site has numerous links from dubious sources, it’s a warning sign of its credibility.
Example of Low Quality:
This website above posts content on every topic under the sun with no clear direction which is an obvious content farm and possibly a PBN. They accept casino posts which is another large red flag.
Their traffic sources are from irrelevant keywords designed to get people to write for their website probably so they have to pay for links which is another sign of a content farm.
Their links are from weird websites that look like they are paid link insertions or a PBN.
In the intricate dance of link building, always prioritize quality over quantity. Remember, it’s a strategic game, not just a numbers race.
Focus on Creating an Authority Site Rather Than Getting Links to Product Pages
In the bustling world of ecommerce, there’s a common pitfall that many fall into: the relentless pursuit of links directly to product pages. While this might seem like a logical strategy, it’s akin to putting all your eggs in a single basket. Let’s consider Sarah, an ecommerce entrepreneur who sold handmade crafts. Initially, she focused solely on getting links to her individual product pages. While she saw a spike in traffic, it was short-lived. As algorithms evolved and competition grew, her site’s visibility dwindled.
On the other hand, there’s the holistic approach of building an authority site. Instead of just spotlighting products, this strategy emphasizes creating a brand presence that’s recognized and respected in the industry. An authority site not only attracts more organic traffic but also fosters trust among visitors. Over time, Sarah shifted her strategy. She began producing valuable content, engaging with her community, and building links to her entire website. The result? A sustainable increase in traffic, better user engagement, and a higher conversion rate.
Benefits of Building an Authority Site:
- Sustainable Growth: Unlike the fleeting success of product page link building, authority sites enjoy long-term visibility and growth.
- Enhanced Trust: Visitors are more likely to purchase from a recognized and trusted brand.
Drawbacks of Sole Product Page Linking:
- Short-lived Success: Algorithm changes can quickly diminish the visibility of product pages.
- Over-reliance: Focusing solely on product pages can leave other valuable content underutilized.
In the ever-evolving landscape of ecommerce, it’s crucial to adapt and adopt strategies that ensure long-term success. Building an authority site, rather than just focusing on product pages, is a step in the right direction.
6 Proven Advanced Online Link Building Methods for Ecommerce
1. One to One and 1 to Many People Backlink Methods to Earn a Link
In the vast realm of link building, two strategies stand out: One-to-One and One-to-Many methods.
- One-to-One Method: This is the personalized approach. Imagine you’re a craftsman, meticulously crafting individual pieces of art. That’s the essence of the One-to-One method, where you reach out directly to website owners or influencers through tailored email outreach. Each email is specifically crafted, focusing on how your content can add value to their audience. It’s time-consuming but can yield high-quality backlinks.
- One-to-Many Method: This method is about casting a wider net. Instead of individual outreach, you create compelling content that naturally attracts backlinks. Think of it as setting up an art exhibition. Over time, this content, be it an insightful blog post, infographic, or video, garners attention and backlinks organically.
While both methods have their merits, integrating them can be the key to a robust link-building master plan. Personalized outreach ensures immediate engagement, while quality content ensures sustainable growth. It’s the perfect blend of immediate results and long-term gains. Remember, in the world of link building, it’s not just about quantity but the relevance of the links you earn.
2. Doing Reverse Outreach Link Building to Earn a Link from Relevant Websites
In the bustling virtual marketplace, standing out is more challenging than ever. But what if you could flip the script? Instead of the traditional outreach, where you chase potential link partners, imagine them coming to you. This is the essence of reverse outreach link building.
Here’s how it works:
- Identify a Need: Recognize what businesses in your niche or related fields are searching for. This could be data, insights, or unique content.
- Craft Targeted Content: Develop content that fills this need, such as statistics, case studies, or expert opinions.
- Position and Promote: Ensure your content is easily discoverable, using SEO best practices and strategic promotion.
- Build Organic Relationships: As businesses find and utilize your content, they’ll naturally link back to you, fostering genuine connections.
Here is an example of a link we earned doing this exact tactic:
We published this data study on the Average Conversion Rate for Email Marketing which then ranked online for keywords like, “average conversion rate for email marketing”.
Then this real legitimate business with a strong backlink profile linked to it below:
Picture this: A local business, “TechSavvy,” is striving to showcase the efficacy of their new software. They’re on the hunt for compelling statistics that validate their product’s value. Enter your site, which has meticulously curated a statistics page highlighting the software’s benefits. TechSavvy stumbles upon your data, finds it invaluable, and links back to you, all without a direct ask from your end.
By helping them achieve their ultimate goal – in most cases, to boost sales – you’re positioning your site as a valuable resource. This method is not just about creating links; it’s about building trust and establishing your brand as an industry authority while generating traffic your way.
3. Testimonial Link Building for Partners and Suppliers
In the virtual age, trust is a currency. When customers read genuine testimonials, it not only builds trust but also influences their purchasing decisions. This is where testimonial link building shines. Imagine you’ve used a software that streamlined your ecommerce operations for your people. You reach out to this software company, offering a heartfelt testimonial about how their tool transformed your business. In return, they feature your testimonial on their site, with a link back to yours. It’s a win-win: they get authentic feedback, and you earn a valuable backlink and traffic.
The Power of Testimonials in Link Building
- Trust Amplification: Genuine testimonials enhance the credibility of a business to people, making potential customers more likely to engage.
- Organic Backlinks: By providing authentic feedback to people, businesses are more inclined to feature your testimonial and link back to your site.
- Search Engine Leverage: Utilizing Google Search Operators can help you identify potential testimonial opportunities, maximizing your link-building efforts.
- Mutual Benefits: While the featured company gains social proof, your site benefits from increased visibility and authority to people.
- Authentic Engagement: Real experiences resonate more with audiences, ensuring that your testimonial doesn’t come off as just another marketing tactic to people.
- Long-term Relationships: This strategy can pave the way for future collaborations or partnerships with the businesses and people you review.
Remember, while the goal is to secure backlinks, the foundation lies in genuine appreciation and feedback for people. Prioritize authenticity to people and the links will follow.
But there’s more. With tools like Google Search Operators, you can uncover pages specifically designed for testimonials. These are goldmines for link-building and traffic. By submitting genuine testimonials for software or services you’ve used, you not only provide value to those businesses but also secure backlinks for your site.
Remember, it’s not just about the link. It’s about helping businesses achieve their ultimate goal – boosting their credibility and, in turn, their sales. When your testimonial aids in that, the backlink you receive is just the cherry on top. As you embark on this people focused strategy, always prioritize authenticity. Genuine testimonials resonate more and have a lasting impact, both for your partners and your own brand.
4. Award Link Building: Writing Reviews for the Best Suppliers, Marketers, Packagers, and Manufacturers in Your Industry
In the bustling world of ecommerce, trust is paramount. Imagine you’re an virtual retailer, and you’ve just had an exceptional experience with a packaging company. Their innovative designs not only elevated your brand but also led to a noticeable uptick in sales. Now, instead of keeping this gem to yourself, you decide to write a glowing review about them and feature it on your site. In gratitude, they offer you an “Excellence in Partnership” award to showcase on your review page. This isn’t just a virtual badge; it’s a testament to a fruitful collaboration, a badge of honor that they proudly display, linking back to your site.
Here’s why this strategy is a game-changer:
- Mutual Recognition: Both parties get to celebrate and acknowledge each other’s excellence.
- Trust Building: Genuine reviews and awards build trust among potential clients and customers.
- SEO Benefits: Earning a backlink from a relevant source boosts your site’s authority.
- Narrative Power: Sharing success stories resonates deeply with readers, making your brand memorable.
Here is an example of a link to a former client’s website:
Incorporating award link building into your strategy is not about manipulation. It’s about recognizing excellence, fostering genuine partnerships, and sharing those success stories with the world. When done right, it’s a powerful tool that benefits everyone involved.
5. Guest Post Link Building Without Paying
The virtual landscape has shifted, and the traditional approach to guest posting on bloggers’ sites is no longer as effective. Many bloggers now monetize their platforms, either by selling links or being highly selective about their outbound links. But there’s a silver lining. By pivoting your strategy, you can still harness the power of guest posting without paying a dime.
- Target Adjacent Businesses: Instead of bloggers, focus on businesses that complement yours. They often value content that resonates with their audience.
- Engage with Media Websites: News outlets and virtual magazines are always in search of compelling stories. Share your success tales or industry insights.
- Collaborate with Organizations & Non-Profits: These entities appreciate content that aligns with their mission. Find a common ground and propose a content collaboration.
- Offer Value: For instance, if you’ve had success with ecommerce SEO, pen down an article for an SEO agency detailing your journey. This not only serves as tangible proof of SEO’s efficacy but also helps the agency showcase the importance of their services.
Here is an example of our guest post on Foundr a well known media and education company in the ecommerce space:
By strategically choosing your guest post platforms and crafting content that genuinely adds value, you’re not just securing a backlink. You’re positioning your brand as an industry authority. In the realm of link building, always prioritize quality and relevance over sheer numbers.
6. Digital PR Link Building Campaigns
In today’s virtual landscape, media websites have a singular, clear-cut goal: to amplify their viewership and, consequently, boost their advertising revenue. This evolving dynamic offers a lucrative opportunity for e-commerce businesses. By crafting a compelling media news story tailored for these platforms, you can pitch your narrative to them, securing not just visibility but also invaluable backlinks.
Consider the following steps to leverage Virtual PR effectively:
- Identify a Newsworthy Angle: Whether it’s the launch of a groundbreaking product, a unique insight into a trending topic, or a significant company milestone, ensure your story stands out.
- Pitch to Relevant Media Outlets: Target platforms whose audience aligns with your brand and story. Tailor your pitch to each outlet’s unique focus and style.
- Provide Genuine Value: Your story should offer fresh perspectives or insights, not just serve as a promotional tool.
- Maintain Authenticity: Ensure your story is factually accurate. Uphold the integrity of your brand and the media outlet.
Here is an example of digital PR in action from The Zebra their car calculator:
The potential of having your brand narrative spotlighted on a major news platform is immense. It not only drives direct traffic but also cements your brand’s position as an industry authority. However, the crux lies in ensuring your story’s relevance and authenticity. It’s less about blatant self-promotion and more about mutual value. Media platforms are in perpetual need of fresh, engaging content. By delivering it seamlessly, you’re not only aiding them in achieving their objectives but also furthering your own. Remember, in the realm of Virtual PR, genuine value and relevance reign supreme.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Advanced Link Building?
In the ever-evolving virtual landscape, the term “link building” has transformed from mere link acquisition to a more intricate process known as expert link building. At its core, expert link building is not just about getting a link from another website; it’s about forging meaningful relationships, understanding the nuances of the virtual ecosystem, and leveraging strategic insights to gain authoritative backlinks.
Imagine a local baker, Mrs. Smith, who’s renowned for her blueberry pies. During the week, a famous chef visits her bakery, tastes the pie, and is so impressed that he mentions it in his popular cooking show. This endorsement is not just a mere mention; it’s a testament to Mrs. Smith’s expertise, quality, and trustworthiness in baking. Similarly, in the virtual world, when a reputable website links to yours, it’s akin to that chef’s endorsement, signaling to search engines and users alike that your content is valuable and trustworthy.
However, securing such endorsements requires a deep understanding of your industry, meticulous research, and a strategic approach. It’s not about quantity but the quality of links. Expert link building, therefore, is the art and science of earning these high-quality links through genuine value, relevance, and strategic outreach. As we delve deeper into this topic, we’ll uncover the methodologies, software, and best practices that set expert link building apart from its rudimentary counterpart.
What is the Best Link Building Strategy for Ecommerce Sites?
In the ever-evolving virtual landscape, electronic commerce businesses often grapple with the challenge of staying ahead in the SEO game. The best link-building master plan for ecommerce sites is not a cookie cutter answer but rather a blend of tactics tailored to the brand’s unique needs and audience. Data-driven decisions are paramount. Recent research indicates that a combination of high-quality content creation, targeted outreach, and relationship-building yields the most sustainable results.
Consider the success story of EcomBrandX, an virtual retailer that saw a 150% increase in organic traffic within six months. Instead of chasing every link opportunity, they focused on creating in-depth, value-driven content that resonated with their audience. This not only attracted backlinks naturally but also positioned them as an authority in their niche. Moreover, they leveraged relationships with industry influencers and bloggers, ensuring that the links they earned were from reputable sources.
It’s also worth noting that while software and tactics evolve, the principles of E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) remain at the core of any successful link-building master plan. As search algorithms become more sophisticated, ecommerce sites that prioritize genuine value and user experience will invariably rise to the top. Always remember, in the world of link building, quality trumps quantity every time.
What is Ecommerce Link Building?
Ecommerce link building is the strategic process of acquiring backlinks from other websites to your online store. In the vast virtual marketplace, visibility is key. Just as a physical store benefits from a prime location, an online store gains prominence with high-quality backlinks. These backlinks act as endorsements, signaling to web crawlers that your site is a valuable resource worthy of citation.
According to a study by Backlinko, sites with a robust backlink profile tend to rank higher on web crawlers. This is especially crucial for ecommerce sites where competition is fierce. David Freudenberg, an electronic commerce expert, states, “In the world of online shopping, trust is currency. When reputable sites link to your store, it’s a vote of confidence, driving both traffic and trust.“
However, not all links are created equal. It’s essential to prioritize quality over quantity. A link from a well-respected industry leader can be far more beneficial than numerous links from lesser-known sites. As we navigate the evolving landscape of virtual marketing, adhering to E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) guidelines becomes paramount. It’s not just about getting any link; it’s about getting the right link.
Which Link Building Strategy Works Best in 2023?
In the ever-evolving landscape of SEO, 2023 has ushered in a new era of link-building strategies that prioritize quality over quantity. According to recent data, the most effective master plan this year revolves around relationship-building and content collaboration with authoritative figures in your industry. Gone are the days of spammy link-building tactics; in 2023, it’s all about genuine connections and providing value.
An example of the standout methods this year is the co-authored content master plan. This involves partnering with industry experts to create comprehensive, high-quality content that serves both audiences. Not only does this approach provide a platform for shared expertise, but it also naturally fosters backlink opportunities as both parties promote the content. Testimonials from leading ecommerce stores also highlight the effectiveness of this method, with many noting significant boosts in organic traffic and domain authority.
Another trend is the emphasis on local link-building. With the rise of local search queries, securing backlinks from local news sites, community portals, and other regional platforms has proven beneficial. It’s not just about global reach anymore; local relevance is key.
Lastly, always remember the importance of E-E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness). In 2023, web crawlers are smarter than ever, and they prioritize sites that offer genuine value, are authoritative in their niche, and can be trusted by users. As you embark on your link-building journey this year, keep these principles at the forefront of your master plan.